Tuesday, July 1, 2014

~I Just Remembered~

     I gave up writing here last September, and that means I have missed many months of love letters that I should have been sending you.  I guess this would be during the dry months when the PC was broken and I was sending you texts and emails.

    I know I have said many nice things in those places, but I started this blog for you as a gift--like a peek into our home life while you were away that you could read at your leisure.  And hey!  It occurred to me that someday you might read this entire thing at your leisure and I hope that it communicates how much I love you.

    I read over the short piece that I have and noticed that the last post was lions and tigers, and that one sounds pretty bad--like a naggy wife.

    But I remembered that you and I were figuring this trucker lifestyle out and we were having our go rounds and adjustment phase.  During the night that you came to the cabin you told me to write down the things that you needed to change and you would do.

    SO I did, here in this blog...

    And it totally worked.

    For the past several months you have softened into a new and improved Martin.  You no longer use the growly voice that grates me nerves, instead you have replaced it with the soft rumbly purring voice that comes from your chest.  That voice that makes me melt, the one that makes me think, "Hell ya I would love to get you a ham sandwich!"

    You got back to being joyful around the house and amidst the mess that is our life.  I saw you smiling while you were mowing the lawn--it IS fun isn't it?

     Now when you are home, I want to be right next to you, curled up in your pocket so I can hear your heart beat and I think that you feel the same way because your eyes twinkle when you look at me and it still gives me butterflies.

     Your new gentleness has given me the desire to make you twinkle at me.

     Tonight I am cooking chicken brocolli alfredo stuffed shells.  The best part of this meal is that I know it will freeze well, so I can make some meals for the bakken box.  When you are gone, it feels like a waste of time to make really good meals (the kids are offended by this fact) but when I know that I am going to send them for your meals while you are away, it gives me the impetus to put a little extra time and effort into it.

    I like to think that when you eat your hot cooked meals, you can taste that I love you a whole bunch and that I am grateful for the sacrifice you are making to give us this new more financially secure lifestyle.

     I miss you a whole bunch when you are gone, and I love it so much when you are home.  You are pretty great, all of those sappy love songs about lighting up my life and such--

   And I mean that literally.  I love it that I can flip a switch and turn on a light, and I know you are working to pay the electric man.

   I really appreciate that-thanks love!

No comments:

Post a Comment