Wednesday, July 2, 2014

~Two Little Things~

  I know that over our 20+ years of cohabiting I have been very good at pointing out the things that you do to piss me off, but I have been a little negligent in telling you the things that you do that make me swoon.

   The list is long. I am just going to tell you about the two latest things that make me feel, "ahhhh!"

    When we were in Missouri and we went to the Salted Duck, you asked me to dance when the meal was over.  I am pretty sure it embarrassed our children as it was only 5 o'clock and no one else was dancing, but I thought it was sweet.  Especially since the song, "Lady in Red" was the song we danced to--

    Back in the barn days, You sang that song to me a couple times.  I thought it was goofy and sweet then--dancing with you at 5 o'clock in front of our family reminded me that you are goofy and sweet and I do love that side of you.

    The other thing was the day we had been working outside and I went into the house to fold clothes--while in there I decided to "rest my eyes" for a second.  I am not sure how much time had passed when you came into the room, kissed my forehead, turned the air conditioning on and walked out shutting the door behind you.

    I know I slept for three hours, and you know how I like my sleep.  It was even sweeter with the air conditioning and forehead kiss.  It was sweetest of all because I know I caught some flack for napping in the middle of the day and Kathy told me that you said, "She needs her beauty rest" in a not-at-all snarky tone.

Ahhhh!

     There are also a lot of xrated things that you do that make me go, "ahh" and "oooh" and "ooh?" and "Umhum" and "oh yeah".  But we can talk about those at a later date.

     Today, I just wanted to point out that you are doing great with the little things. They say it is the little things that matter, and it really is.

    The big things are great--but those little extra touches remind me how lucky I am that you are my man.

No comments:

Post a Comment